Lot Like all departments, has its own cuisine and regional cuisine. What it be possible to discover and enjoy in a restaurant Lot?
Dwell time of a meal in a restaurant Souillac.
You can then discover and taste the typical dishes of the department of southwest cuisine also known as tasty!
What are these dishes, a restaurant could serve Souillac, in order to delight the taste buds sharp curious guests?
• The best Quercy lamb. First sheepmeat to acquire the Red Label in 1991 demonstrated its quality and traceability. Thanks to this distinction, you have the assurance that you eat the lamb is born in the Lot, there was high then shot.
The peculiarity sheep caussenarde? They are white with black-rimmed eyes and are high on the limestone Lot.
• The renowned nuts in the department, it has multiple uses. Known to have an almond taste, The franquette, marbot or Granjean are the queens of the name "Noix du Périgord". They obtained their AOC in 2002 and thanks to their tastes and their exceptional qualities, it is possible to make oil, wine, liquor or cakes.
• Melon de Quercy is famous for its honey taste and creamy flavor. Rocked by a climate and conditions of ideal culture, Quercy melon is also very popular for the orange color of its flesh. Since 2004, this fruit is protected by an IGP also called IGP. The European Label ensures guaranteed quality between the product and its terroir. Enjoying a melon Quercy PGI, at a restaurant in Souillac, you will be assured to enjoy a local product lotois.
• The Rocamadour, bearing the name of the famous City of Rocamadour, this small round cheese is the mainstay of the local lotois! In fact this little cheese, white, is manufactured in the city from about the 15th century. The Rocamadour is made from goat's milk breed of Alpine and Saanen. Like sheep, these goats are raised on the mesa tops.
• The black truffle of Périgord, famous for its fragrance it grows on specific soils of the mesa. It can be found under the green or pubescent oaks but also close hazel or chestnut. It is easier to get help from a dog or a pig (note these are very fond of!). Lot was once deemed to harvest 300 tons of truffles today only 3 ... The scarcity of the product is therefore a truffle coveted luxury.
• The Quercy saffron. Reputed to be the world's most expensive spice, saffron was brought back from the Holy Land by the Crusaders in the 11th century. 60 lotois producers share 3 hectares to cultivate this spice. At least October, the Lot valley then dressed in purple!
• Finally to compliment your meal you will be offered a lot of wine. You can wake up your taste buds with the famous AOP Cahors which no great name in the history since the Middle Ages, has been able to resist! You will also have the opportunity to meet on your way AOP Coteaux du Quercy or wines of Côtes du Lot.
High quality local products allows restaurants to offer Lot dishes typical large qualities of Lotoise gastronomy. So why not treat yourself to a break in a restaurant in Souillac come and discover or rediscover this quality gastronomy.